Subject: [Advocacy Letter] Ensuring Public Health Protections in the Global Plastics Treaty – INC-5, Busan
From: Akif Görgülü <[email-masked]>
To: "Riina Sikkut"
Cc: "Sandra Jen" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 11:37:23 +0300

Dear Ms Riina Sikkut,

I hope you are well.

Please find attached a letter from Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) Europe 
and the Health and Environment Alliance, highlighting key health concerns 
related to the Global Plastics Treaty ahead of INC-5.

Given the significant health impacts of plastic production and disposal, it 
is essential for the health sector to be actively represented in these 
discussions. Your input and leadership are vital in shaping a Treaty that 
safeguards both public health and the environment.

Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Akif Görgülü (he/him)

Chemicals & Plastics Policy Coordinator, HCWH Europe

Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <https://noharm-europe.org/>

Transform healthcare with us!

 <https://noharm-europe.org/> www.noharm-europe.org | 
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/health-care-without-harm-europe/> LinkedIn 
|  <https://twitter.com/HCWHeurope> Twitter | 
<https://www.instagram.com/hcwheurope/> Instagram

Please note that HCWH Europe works a four-day week. Our office is therefore 
closed on Fridays.